Wensleydale House, Leyburn – Terms and Conditions
1. Dogs are not permitted.
2. For bookings made within six weeks of the commencement of the holiday, full payment is payable within 72 hours of making the reservation. For bookings made more than six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday, a deposit of 50% of the holiday cost is payable within seven days of making the reservation. Unless payment is received within these terms, the reservation will be cancelled. The deposit is returnable if the booking is not accepted. The balance shall be due six weeks before the holiday period. Where the balance has not been received by the due date, one written reminder will be sent to the holidaymaker. If the balance is still outstanding within two weeks thereafter, the owners reserve the right to cancel the holiday and the holidaymaker will forfeit their deposit.
3. If the owners should need to cancel the booking all moneys paid will be refunded to the holidaymaker. Responsibility and financial liability of the owners shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of accommodation booked in good faith not being available owing to circumstances beyond the owner’s control.
4. Should the holidaymaker need to cancel within twelve weeks of the start date of the booking then they will be bound by this agreement to pay in full for that booking. Payment must be made whether or not full payment has been made at the time of cancellation. Holidaymakers are therefore advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance. However, if the accommodation is re-let for the same period of the cancelled holiday, any monies received for the re-let holiday will be refunded to the holidaymaker.
5. The accommodation will be available from 3.00 p.m. on the start date of the booking. Keys will normally be collected from next door. The owners will provide the accommodation to a high level of cleanliness with a complete inventory, this should be checked upon arrival and any failure notified to the owners within 24 hours of arrival.
6. The accommodation must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the finishing date to allow for cleaning and maintenance to take place. All accommodation must be left in a clean and tidy condition as found. The owners reserve the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the holidaymaker’s departure.
7. Any problems found with any appliance or fixture or fitting must be reported to the owners who will ensure within a reasonable time that this is repaired or alternative arrangements made. Holidaymakers should not attempt repairs themselves to the property or its contents. The holidaymaker undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixture, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as the same are in at the commencement of the letting and shall report and pay to the owners the value of any part of the premises, furniture, fittings and effects so destroyed or damaged as to be incapable of being restored to its former condition.
8. Only the number of guests stated at the time of booking will be allowed to stay in the property, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the owners. The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
9. The owners reserve the right to decline entry and accommodation or to expel any occupier or visitor for unacceptable conduct, which in their sole view is detrimental to the neighbourhood. The owners reserve the right to enter a property at any time but will endeavour to do so when convenient to the occupier.
10. Wensleydale House is to be used solely as holiday accommodation and therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Housing Acts.
11. The owners are not to be held responsible for the loss of any valuables or property left on or around the premises at any time. All guests and their visitors must ensure that they take all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others whilst on the property. The owners will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss caused whilst in or around the property.
12. The owners are committed to operating on a non-discriminatory basis towards all holidaymakers.